18 October 2010

Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Opera Rose #29

Yesterday I had a bit of a clear out of my make up stash... which predictably involved rediscovering a few little worn gems that had been relegated to the darkest recesses of my make up drawers - enter MAC Brit Wit and Bobbi Brown Velvet Plum cream blushes - and my two YSL Rouge Voluptes in Forbidden Burgundy and Opera Rose - the latter of which I had a little play with and as such am now blogging about.

This is one of those colours that I love in the tube, and like on my face.. but never wear. It is kind of bright - and I'm not really a bright lips kind of girl (why I bought this one out of all the other more wearable colours I will never know - it may have been to do with Temptalia). I love the formula - it feels heavenly when you apply it. But I've never yet got around to wearing this in public - so I'm thinking it might be toodle pip. I'll always have the photos at least (actually having done this post I've decided I like this colour too much too let it go, so I'm going to keep it to look at from time to time - and one day I might just whip it out and surprise everyone).




NB I'm sorry about the imperfect application - since I've started blogging I've realised that I in fact have a very wonky lipline - this I've only noticed since I've started looking at lots of photos of my lipsticked mouth! I can only get lipsticks to apply evenly using a lipliner - and I then feel that gives an inaccurate portrayal of how the lipstick would look applied solo. So you'll just have to put up with my wonky application I'm afraid and I hope it doesn't offend anyone!

7 comments:

  1. omg that is GORGEOUS!!!!! such a beautiful rose colour - ps you have fantastic skin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lippy is beautiful on you and its not too bright at all. Your skin is perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you - i think you have definitely talked me in to keeping it! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lipstick looks gorgeous on you! Lovely blog,I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks stylefrost - your blog is fab too
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that colour! I have it too, and I find it really bright, so I tone it down by applying it with my fingers like a lipbalm kind of? Doing it like that gives a fresh toned-down look and makes it verrrry wearable :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks neekeexoxo, i will try that! x

    ReplyDelete