24 October 2010

Nars Pure Matte lipstick - Bangkok

LOVE! I had my hair dyed a kind of coppery red colour yesterday (not what I was planning on and not sure how I ended up with it but I think I like it so it's okay), and as the salon was conveniently close to Liberty I thought I'd pop in for a mooch round the beauty department to see if I could find one or two things to compliment my new look. Unsurprisingly, I did! Enter the new Pure Matte lipstick in Bangkok, by Nars (so my favourite make up brand at the moment).

Love the packaging and the size of this lipstick - so much easier to apply than normal lipstick tubes I think.


I knew I wanted a matt, medium MLBB pink, as I think pink shades look lovely with red hair (Cheryl Cole clearly agrees with me - see her Sat night X-factor look for proof - NOT that I was trying to emulate that I should add - I didn't see it til this morning actually!). Anyway, the make up man in Liberty suggested Bangkok - a quick swipe, and I was sold. 

















As others have mentioned (and as the name suggests) this is a matt shade, and as such will highlight any imperfections / dry patches on your lips - so exfoliation and a balm is a must beforehand (I usually just use a muslin cloth with a bit of balm to exfoliate the lips). The formula is actually quite flattering, giving a soft, pillowy effect, and the lasting power is decent (after a cup of coffee and sandwich today it was still hanging in there). 


 


I'm loving Bangkok with Deep Throat blush, which I also purchased and will do a post on separately - you will see more pics of Bangkok on that post (would have put them here but blogger just started playing up!). I also think Bangkok will look great with Douceur and other pink blushes. 

The Pure Matte lipsticks cost £18 and I think there are a total of six shades in the line.

 Anyone tried this shade or any of the other Pure Mattes?

2 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely gorgeous shade!! Definitely on my wish list now! Thanks so much for swatching this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no prob. i'm going to add some more pics as it does look a bit more pink in different light - but still gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete