14 February 2012

Nars Galion nail polish

I don't own many, in fact any greys (just greiges!), but for some reason Galion from the Nars autumn 2011 collection really spoke to me.


I love the simplicity of this colour. It's a really rich, dark grey. In some lights, it seems to have a hint of petrol blue in it. Sometimes it looks like black. But it somehow manages to be dark and striking without being too gothic or wintry. I wore it at Christmas and it felt surprisingly festive.




I think this colour complements just about any make up look except perhaps pastels - especially peaches, strong pinks and reds,  and would be fab with a bright lip.

I have to say thought that the first time I applied this I loved the formula but the second time (when I took these pictures) the application was dreadful! The polish was watery, patchy and streaky. Not sure if its because I moved my nail polish collection to inside my wardrobe where it is perhaps a bit warm - I'll give it the benefit of the doubt, but it was quite disappointing.

Galion and Rebel Yell are the only nail colours I own from Nars - none of the others particularly appeal. What do you think of Nars polishes?

£13.50 for 15ml.

2 comments: