28 January 2012

Laura Mercier Lingerie Collection - Naked Apricot lip shine and Innocent Peach creme cheek colour

The Lingerie Collection from Laura Mercier has totally switched me back on to this brand. I tend to love peachy cheek and lip colours so when I saw these vibrant summery shades in Space NK I was immediately sold.



Here's a swatch of the two shades side by side.


Both have quite pinkish / coral undertones, much more so than say the peach cream blush and lipgloss in Becca's Fallen Angels palette which are a bit darker and more orange-leaning (you can view that palette and a swatch comparison here).

I've never tried a Laura Mercier cream blush before and I really like the formula, quite comparable with the Becca lip and cheek creams, soft, easily blendable and with reasonable staying power (for a cream blush).

And despite not being a lipgloss fan at all, I really like the formula of the lip shines - they make my lips look subtle glossy and healthy with just a hint of colour (nowhere near as bright as the colour in the pot, which is fine with me), and aren't too sticky.

Here's a quick look using both products. Base is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and on the eyes I'm wearing Bobbi Brown Rose Gold eyeshadow.



I'm already getting loads of wear out of these despite them being quite summery - I just find peach and apricot shades much more flattering on my skin than say pinks and berry shades (don't get me started on Nars Gina blush which I've just purchased - divine divine divine!).

Has anyone tried anything from the Lingerie Collection or have any LM 'must have' products? The eye and cheek palette from the spring collection also looks beautiful. I don't actually have a lot of LM in my collection - just the eyebrow pencil in taupe which is a good match for my brows, and the eyeshadow base which I find a bit drying. Would really like to try some more products though so would love to hear your recommendations...

Innocent peach creme cheek colour £18.50
Naked Apricot lip tint £18.50
Purchased from Space NK.

2 comments:

  1. I just picked up Naked Apricot lip shine and Kissed Lips lipstick today... can't wait to try them :) LM does make some nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes the lipsticks look really nice too, might have to go back and investigate those!

    ReplyDelete