11 November 2010

Blissful bathtime - Aromatherapy Associates Revive Evening Bath and Shower Oil






As I mentioned in an earlier post, I received a full size bottle of this bath and shower oil when I took out a subscription to Vogue recently. I'd been interested in trying the Aromatherapy Associates line for a while, and was not disappointed.

According to the Aromatherapy Associates website, the oil is "just the thing to help restore a flagging mind and body", and I wholeheartedly concur. Containing extracts of patchouli, geranium and ylang ylang, the oil has a delicate herbal scent which I find deeply relaxing - indulgent and therapeutic. It is recommended that you use one capful of oil per bath - I do use a little more than this, but used as directed, one 55ml bottle should provide enough for 20 baths. As the name suggests, you can also apply the oil to the skin before showering, though I tend to use mine in the bath only as it goes further that way.

Bathing with this product leaves my skin feeling soft and soothed (though do be careful not to slip when getting in or out of the bath!). As an added bonus, my bathroom and towels smells gorgeously spa-like for a few days after I've used this, and I also love how pretty the glass bottle looks beside the bath.




As a 'shower person', I'm not normally one to get excited over bathing and bath products, but this oil is doing a good job at converting me - especially now the nights are dark and cold and the lure of a hot, scented tub is so much more appealing. I will definitely repurchase this when my current bottle runs out - which won't be too long at this rate - I'm also keen to investigate more of this line so would love to hear what your favourite AA products are. I notice there are some gorgeous gift sets out, along with some scented candles which I'm quite tempted by, and there's also a free gift when you spend over £50 on their website - I should think anyone who likes baths would love to receive one of these gorgeous glass bottles in their Christmas stocking.
 
Revive Evening Bath and Shower Oil costs £34.75 for 55ml


First image courtesy of Aromatherapy Associates.


An edited version of this post was published in October on www.lovestyle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment