11 August 2011

Essential measures #8 Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream

A few years ago, I bought a few items from the Dr Hauschka range during a terrible skin period, hoping I think for miracles. I didn't witness any miracles, and whilst I really liked some of the products, such as the Rose day cream, I concluded they weren't quite right for my skin (the latter just too heavy sadly, as I adore the scent and consistency and the dewy look it gives on application).

This summer anyway I decided to give the brand another chance. My skin had been feeling very stressed - tight, congested and irritated - and I felt the need to try something soothing and natural. As my laser clinic had started stocking Dr Hauschka and numerous other lovely natural brands such as Ren, I decided on instinct to purchase the Cleansing Cream (and the Neem Nail Oil - truly amazing, but for another post).



I have to say, this cleanser has notably improved the condition of my skin this summer. It no longer feels stressed; rather it feels smoother, softer and much more supple. Bumps and blemishes on my skin seem to disappear and my skin looks clearer and softer. I ran out of a tube and started using a Vichy cleanser, and was very aware of how much less comfortable and more tight my skin felt, so quickly bought another tube and lo - happy skin once again. This is now cemented in my beauty hall of fame.

It's quite an unusual product - the smell takes some getting used to. I won't attempt to describe it but I've actually grown to rather like it. I love the unique consistency of the cream - it's actually more of a paste than a cream I'd say (kind of like peanut butter, perhaps mixed with a dash of houmous...)



The idea is that you mix a bit with water, then use a "pressing, rolling motion" to work the product into your skin - rather than rub it in like a traditional face scrub. I think this method of applying (though I probably massage it in a bit more forcefully than you're meant to) is partly what is causing the visible improvements to my skin. If I leave it on for too long however it does start to sting a little.

I don't use this product to remove make up, so I tend to use it in the morning only. This is a deep cleansing product but due to the slightly mealy texture I'd feel like I was working my make up, along with the product, into my skin if I didn't remove it first.

The only thing I dislike - although I actually really like how the packaging looks - is that I think the toothpaste-like metal tube results in a bit of product wastage towards the end. I might have to start doing what I do with my Eight-hour cream - cutting it in half to get every last bit of product out before discarding it. Also I seem to get through the 50ml tube quite quickly (probably about 3 or 4 weeks with daily use) - a bigger tube would be brilliant.



Encouraged by the success with the Cleansing Cream I have since bought the Dr Hauschka Toner for normal skin, which you are instructed to spray on after cleansing in the morning and evening (without using a night cream). I'm trialling this at the moment, and have to say I don't think my skin is missing not having a night time cream or serum. Will report on that when I've used it all up, and on the Neem nail oil very soon - I noticed results after using that just a handful of times.

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream retails at £14.95 for 50ml and is aimed at all skin types.

Do you have any hero products from Dr Hauschka?

1 comment:

  1. It is important to remove the make up regularly and make sure that the skin is not sleeping with any of these chemicals.The cleaning and toning of the skin is very essential.

    ReplyDelete